We all know how good coconut oil is not only for your skin, but also for your hair, nails, and overall health. But that doesn't mean you have to spend a lot of money to enjoy the benefits of coconut oil! These DIY coconut oil scrub bars are super fun to make and even more fun to use! A treat for anyone and makes a perfect gift!
Homemade Coconut Oil Scrub Bars
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 8 1″ cubes glycerin soap base
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- essential oil of your choice (I like orange or grapefruit!)
- Start by cutting your soap base into 1″X1″ cubes.
- Place cubes in a pot and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in coconut oil until melted.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool about 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, stir in your essential oil.
- Stir in sugar, making sure that your mixture is completely cooled!
- Pour your mixture into a cube mold (or really any mold you like!) and allow to harden (a couple of hours)
- Use in the shower to scrub away dead skin cells, and store in a cool, dry place. Do not leave in the shower.
That's it! Your very own coconut oil sugar scrub bars in a jiffy!
If you enjoyed this post, don't forget to share 🙂